Golden Visa Program
The Golden Visa Program is one of the fastest choices for foreign investors or third-country nationals to be granted a residence permit, through investment activities conducted within Portugal territory.
With a starting investment of just 350,000EUR or more, residence permit holders will have the right to reside in Portugal and enjoy free travel within the 26 member-state countries of the Schengen area.
The main benefits of the program are the various choices of investments, fast processing and a minimal requirement for residency. This makes Golden Visa the fastest growing investment immigration program in Europe.
- No requirement for management experience
- No age, language or academic credentials are required to apply for a Golden Visa
- The process of application is uncomplicated
- 100% of the investment refunded after 5 years or through a flexible schedule based on the investor’s preference
- Travel freely within the Schengen Area
- No tax charged on Worldwide Income, according to Portugal’s tax law
- Easily apply for Portuguese citizenship and be granted EU benefits
- Right to live, do business, study in Portugal or other EU member countries under specific conditions
- The minimum required time to stay in Portugal is, on average, 7 days a year
- To be over 18 years old (no age limit)
- To be a legal resident of a country and possess a valid passport
- Investment Period of, at least, 5 years or until the investor can get the Permanent Residence Card
- Comply with the minimum stay period in Portugal:
- – 1st year: 7 days
- – 2nd and 3rd year: 14 days
- – 4th and 5th year: 14 days
- – After the 5th year: The investor can apply for permanent residency or Portuguese (EU) Citizenship
- Permanent residency and citizenship assignment require a basic knowledge of the Portuguese language
Who can be included?
The best things about Portugal Golden Visa
FREE EDUCATION FOR KIDS AND
PROTECTED HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
NO TAXES ON WORLDWIDE
CITIZENSHIP, VISA FREE ACCESS
TO +150 COUNTRIES
Nationality and Foreigners Law
Contact us to find out more details
Contact us to find out more details
The track record of IAS makes it one of the leading teams dealing with the 350,000€ rehabilitation category.
Download our Latest Newsletter
Any non-EU national.
Yes. Direct descendants and ascendants from the main investor and/or spouse. In the case of parents, those under 65 years old must prove their financial dependency on the investor. Children must prove that they are financially dependent on the investor (i.e. they do not work, usually studies), and they are not married during the entire 5 year period until citizenship is successfully granted.
- Portugal is the 3rd safest country in the world (source: 2020 Global Peace Index)
- Strength of the Portuguese passport is the 6th most accepted passport in the world and have access to 186 countries
- With a residency permit, you are allowed to enter into any of the Schengen countries for a period of max 90 days per trip.
- With Portuguese Citizenship you eventually become an EU citizen and have free access to live, work and study in any EU country, as any other EU citizen.
- An investor you may live and work in Portugal and have access to education and health services.
- The applicant does not have to live permanently in the country. Short-stays of 14 days every 2 years are required. You have the right to stay 7 days/ year in your own hotel, according to availability.
- No Worldwide Income Tax
- Valid passport (of family if applicable)
- Criminal record (of investor and family members of older than 16 years old)
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Birth certificates (of children)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of financial capacity
- Reception and analysis by SEF
- Each renewal fee
- Lawyers fees
- Municipal and real estate taxes at time of deed (if applicable)
- A Portuguese Citizen can have free movement within the EU.
- A Permanent Resident will have permanent residency in Portugal. And will have movement within the EU, but with a maximum stay of 90 days per visit.
- Some countries do not allow their citizens to have an additional passport, therefore permanent residency is an option in order to obtain a Schengen Visa.
Yes. They will become the main investor and must show proof of transfer of funds.
Yes. They must be translated into English or Portuguese and authenticated at a Portuguese Embassy or Consulate.
Documents must be presented each time for card renewals
- Hold the real estate asset for a least 5 years
- Spend a minimum of 14 days for first 2 years and 14 days for each period for up to 6 years in total.
- Present a valid Schengen visa upon entrying to Portugal
- Provide a clean criminal record
- Provide source of funds from an outside Bank/Institutional Entity
- Open a bank account and obtain a tax number