Due to the mass influx of displaced persons from Ukraine, the Council of Ministers of Portugal, as of March 1st, 2022, granted facilitated protection treatment to Ukrainian citizens residing in Ukraine as well as to their family members.
Regarding the measure itself, kindly find below the relevant details:
- This measure consists in the attribution of a 1-year extendable residence permit;
- Should family members have other nationalities, such protection is also extended to them;
- The means of proof are facilitated;
- The presentation of criminal record is waved;
- The process can be done in person or remotely, even if the applicant is outside Portugal;
- The residence permit allows access to benefits, social, and medical security is guaranteed to applicants.